Today I took Lucas to day care to play with his friends so I could go and meet with my new boss Mark. That's right my new boss, as I am employed again. A few weeks ago I applied for the position of Job Coach with The River City Group. My general duties will be to train the client (usually a person with a disability) by using structured intervention techniques in a 1:1 relationship to help the employee learn to perform job tasks to the employer's specifications and to learn the interpersonal skills necessary to be accepted as a worker at the job site and in related community contacts. In addition to job-site training, job coaching may include related counseling, advocacy, travel (bus) training and other services needed to maintain the employment. I will work directly with the individual wit a disability at a placement site to help him/her learn the specific requirements of the job: learn work-related activities and requirements such as time and attendance rules; and learn appropriate work-related (including social) behaviors when dealing with supervisors, co-workers and the general public.
Although this is a job that is quite different from what I have done in the past I was really interested in the position because it seems like it will be a very rewarding job. This is a part time position with the flexibility of choosing hours that work for Lucas and I. I don't see myself doing this job for too long as my new boss is very interested in having me work as an employment specialist, I just need to get a certification before I can move into that position.
I will probably be starting my new job in about a week. So in the mean time I will continue to spend as much time as possible with the kids.
Here's a pic of Lucas on our before bed time stroll through the neighborhood.
No comments:
Post a Comment